why join datacite ?
Data are essential building blocks of scholarship and research. Being able to share data effectively is therefore extremely important. At DataCite, we develop and support tools and methods that make data more accessible and more useful.
We invite members from all types of organisations – including data centres, publishers, libraries, and funders – to join our global network committed to supporting data sharing through partnership, advocacy, and by developing tools and services that accelerate data sharing, use, and reuse. Together, we will be at the forefront of helping to transform scholarship and the role of research data in our society.
As a DataCite member, organisations show their support for research data sharing in the following manner:
- They demonstrate an elevated level of commitment to open-data and
- They become part of a global data-sharing community, learning, collaborating, and advocating with a leading-edge network of data research experts.
- They support and participate in the creation and management of persistent identifiers (DOIs) for research outputs (Allocating Members only).
- They play a critical role in advancing DataCite’s data-sharing mission through their financial support.
- They can also shape the future DataCite – and data research in general – by serving on our Executive Board.
We have two types of memberships:
- Allocating Members – those that supply DOIs for datasets.
- Non-Allocating Members – those that support our data sharing mission.