DataCite job offer
DataCite is looking for a Communications and Project Officer.
You will assist the Managing Agent and the Board in developing an overall strategic communications plan for DataCite and its services by clarifying communications objectives to support strategic directions, defining and articulating messages for key audiences, recommending strategies for and/or performing marketing research, and by contextualizing communications within the larger academic library and scholarly research environment
You will plan and implement communication and marketing strategies including overseeing Internal and external communication through newsletters, direct phone contact, blog entries and administration of the DataCite Website and Blog.
You will assist the Managing Agent and the Board in operating DataCite, including organisation of practical aspects of the summer meeting, General Assembly and other meetings, and coordination of contact requests coming through the contact forms.
You will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, business administration or related field.
- Working knowledge of product development and marketing research processes related to communications and marketing.
- Familiarity with web design and maintenance and best practices for writing in a web-based context
- Ability to balance strategic and creative thinking and writing capability as demonstrated by the ability to focus on key issues, and to gather, assess, and synthesize information and recommendations from a wide variety of sources on a broad range of issues to formulate messaging and positioning statements.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to articulate information and issues clearly, concisely, and persuasively using appropriate grammar, vocabulary, and business style.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues at a conceptual level and effectively convey and explain information to users.
- Project management and organizational skills to plan and independently execute projects/tasks within specific and short deadlines, and successfully assess, balance, and prioritize numerous competing concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team in a cross-cultural environment.
- Proficiency in a PC operating environment, MS Office, Visio, electronic mail, calendar applications, and the Internet. Ability to operate other internal system applications; willingness to learn new software applications and technologies, as needed.
- Experience in a research-intensive academic setting.
- Working knowledge of digital libraries and research infrastructures.
The position is a full time position with an expected salary of up to 40,000 Euro annually. The contract will be for 2 years with the chance of ongoing employment. The starting date would be December 1st.
The position will be based in Hannover, Germany. If desired by the candidate it could also be based in London, UK.